Saturday, March 08, 2008

So Thoughtful





On February 28, I had just completed training in a Storey Telling programme to a primary three class at a school in Yio Chu Kang. I am privileged to get to know little Daren. At the end of class each week while most children would leave to go home, he would ensure all the chairs and tables in the classroom were all in place. The amazing thing is that no one asked him to do so. He did it on his own initiative. He is not a 19 year old boy, he is only nine years old.

Last year, I was so touched by another boy by the name of Benson in a reputable school in Bishan where I was conducting a Speech and Drama programme for close to ten months. Little Benson would be the first student who would asked me if I needed help whenever he saw me struggling with a little too much to carry besides my bags. He would asked eagerly: "Ms Jee Fong, can I help you?" He was only eight years when I was training him last year.

As I pen down my thoughts on these two little wonderful children, my heart is overwhelmed by their exceeding thoughtfulness and kindness. I will remember them for a long, long time.

In the course of my work, the Lord opens my eye to see the beautiful things in life. He speaks to me through people, the environment, things and the circumstances we go through daily.

No comments: