Thursday, January 10, 2008

More than Conquerors

Many years ago at a church camp I attended in Malaysia, the camp speaker preached a powerful message about persevering and not quitting in our faith in Jesus Christ. He told everyone of us to turn to the front page of our bibles and write down these words, "I will never quit"

Walking with the Lord has been so fulfilling and amazing but it is not smooth sailing all the time. I have my fair share of ups and downs. I went through my mountain top experiences as well as valley experiences. One thing remains unchanged, I have my moments of utter lossless and hopelessness but the Lord has always been with me. The going may get tough but all I have to know is that God is sovereign and He is in control. I am limited, He is limitless. I am finite, He is infinite. I am weak but He is strong. I can be confined, but our maker, He is boundless. He is more than enough. So when trials and tribulations come my way, all I need to do is to cry out to the Lord and the problems become small and manageable as God is magnified.

We are more than conquerors in Him. The battle belongs to Him. And the Lord is the glory and lifter of our heads. We are not defeated and downtrodden for our God is our strong tower. He is the rock of our salvation. We will be bold like lions and He leads us into victory.

In Monte (my husband) and my time in the Philippines, one of the most memorable things was looking into the night’s sky. Thousands upon thousands of stars shone brilliantly in the night sky. The sight was just magnificent and awesome. The stars reminded me of the promises that God gave to Abraham. He is ever faithful, our covenant making and covenant keeping God.

No comments: