Thursday, January 24, 2008

Cherish The Treasure

Cherish The Treasure

I cherish the treasure
The treasure of you
Lifelong companion
I give myself to you
God has enabled me
To walk with you faithfully
And cherish the treasure
The treasure of you

As I obey the Spirit's voice
And seek to do His will
I then can see the wisdom of His plan
For as He works His will in me
I then can love you selflessly

And by His grace, can pledge my love
To you

Chorus

This sacred vow I make to you
Does not contain an "if"
Though I'm aware that trials lie ahead
I will love you and pray with you
And through it all, I will stay with you

Our home will be a refuge of
Unconditional love

Chorus

Cherish the treasure
The treasure of you


Please join me to hear this beautiful song at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LiJc8hET3c

I remember singing this song at a wedding. It is powerful. Cherishing our spouse like precious treasure is one of the keys to lasting loving relationship in the Lord. Always believing in them, always loving them, always supporting them and always having their best interest at heart. We grow to appreciate them with each passing day. We are not to take them for granted or place very high expectations and demands on them.

The God given relationship between a man and his wife is so precious. This relationship will continue to grow and blossom in His loving care.

No comments: