Tuesday, January 15, 2008

An Act of Gratitude


Last September, I had the privilege to conduct a course on Study Skills at a primary school in Bukit Timah area. That was an all girls school. The kids were so well behaved. I enjoyed my time with them tremendously.

One day after completing my training session, a sweet girl came up and passed me a small piece of paper. On it was some pictures she had drawn and along with it was a message of thanks to me. That little girl touched my heart that day. On her own initiative, she took the effort to express her appreciation towards me. I am constantly learning from children. From this one, I am reminded to be thankful and to express my heartfelt thanks freely. This incident reminds me of the story of the ten lepers in the bible. All ten lepers were healed by Jesus, but only only came back to thank Him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.

Jee Fong Tan-Rice said...

Hi Loretta, thank you for your encouragement.