Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Thank You for Giving to the Lord

In the early 80’s, I was then a very young Christian, a sister-in-Christ who first discipled me was May Lee. At that time, she was termed as a counselor. She cared for me. We spent time weekly to study the word and to pray. She also coached me in my studies. She was so patient and kind. Her labour of love touched me deeply and I thank God for her. I have lost touch with her for many years now. It would be good to see her again. After May Lee, the Lord gave me other Christian leaders who have also impacted in my life tremendously.

What is done for God has eternal value. The Lord sees our desire to love and serve Him, be it grounding someone in the word of God, encouraging the disheartened, praying for the sick and dying on a hospital bed, the list goes on. What is done for Him with a willing heart reaps an eternal reward that money cannot buy. May the Lord grant us faithfulness and love to do His bidding.

No comments: