Saturday, September 22, 2007

A Great Legacy

Andre De Foe was an ex-student of Monte in Assemblies of God Bible College (AGBC). He passed away on 21 Jan 2005. He could be either in his mid 40’s or early 50’s when he passed on. I knew him because I was then working in AGBC. He came across as one of the most unassuming person I have ever known. He was humble, helpful, friendly and kind. He was well loved by people. Prior to studying in AGBC, he was involved in some missionary work abroad.

One time I learnt that Andre’s mother had taken ill and was hospitalised. I bought some grapes and passed them to him for his mother. I saw tears in his eyes as he thanked me for the grapes. Right at that moment I saw the tenderness of the Lord in him. Another thing I learnt is that it is the little things in life that counts, those grapes may not cost a lot but they sure went a long way.

Andre shone for Christ while he was on earth. He left behind a great legacy. Today, many of us who are impacted by his life and we continue to journey on with the sole purpose of honouring and bringing glory to the name of Jesus.

No comments: