Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Amazing Love

More than three years ago, my mum was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease.  It just hit my family and I like a bolt of lightning.

The great pain of seeing my mum suffering this disease is indescribable.  The inability to remember affected every area of her life.

Very often, she will be apologetic for not being able to remember. I continue to assure her that it is alright.

My mum's brain is unable to connect with things.  For instance, she would not be able to decipher if she enters the ladies or gents washroom.  I will help her to see that the lady with a skirt is the woman's washroom.

All she needs is our love and care.  She is comforted and contented.  The current medication helps to stabilise her condition.

I am thankful for the hand of God on my mum's life.  As I continue to lift her before the Lord, God's unseen hands protect and cover her.

God's sustaining grace is overwhelming.  He brings release and hope when when we cry out to Him.  He watches over our loved ones.  He cares deeply for them.

No comments: