Saturday, May 09, 2009

Sweet Surprise

From 5 Feb to 30 March 2009, I had the privilege to conduct speech and drama training to some amazing eight year girls for two classes in the Bukit Timah Area. I was in training with them on weekly class. The girls were very infectious and eager to learn. I was encouraged by their enthusiasm.


On the final session, I saw a girl who on the verge of tears because that was my last class with them. I knew that I would miss them as much as they would miss me. Children have a way to warm our hearts.


At the end of my time with one of the classes, the form teacher who had been sitting in in most of my training sessions gathered the children together and led them in a cheer in appreciation of me. I was speechless. I was so touched by the kind and encouraging gesture of that teacher. It certainly was a sweet surprise.

No comments: