Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I Read You Like a Book

One of the blessings husbands and wives enjoy is the privilege to know a person extremely well. Apart from God, the person who knows us best is our spouse.

So very often, I hear Monte says: “I read you like a book”. I need not utter a word and he knows what is on my mind or when something is bothering me. This is one of the greatest blessings in marriage. We encourage and uphold each other. Going through the mountaintop or valley experiences take on a new meaning when we can share them with our soul mate.

Another blessing that I like to highlight here is transparency. The Lord models openness to us when He showed His emotions while He walked on earth. There were times when He was in great jubilation and times that He wept. He showed His anger, He was filled with compassion and His heart was even torn at times. He showed us His emotions. So husbands and wives have an openness that is shared with one another where our closest friends do not come near.

I have been married for ten years now and how fast time flies. I thank God for Monte and I cherish each moment that we share by the love and grace of our loving God and Father.

No comments: