Wednesday, June 24, 2020

He Moves Through Us

God ministers through broken vessels. He wants us to step out of our comfort zone. He takes over and move in and through us.

Sometime between year 2000 and 2001, Monte and I were at Asia Pacific Theological Seminary (APTS) in Baguio. 

The late Dr Chin Do Kham, who was then the Dean of Students, was not able to honour a commitment. He asked if I could take it on. When I found out that I had to minister at a worship seminar at Baguio Assembly of God, I was elated. At the same time, it seemed a little too big for me.

I was deeply honoured by the invitation. I felt that it would be difficult to fill his shoes.

Monte encouraged me to go ahead and take the challenge. To cut the long story short, I go ahead with it. 

It turned out to be a great blessing. I went away encouraged and thankful for God's help, grace and strength. His enablement and empowerment was more than enough for me to accomplish the task.

God uses every ministry opportunity to bless us. He stretches us. He works powerfully through us.  As we yield to His hand of love, He begins to sharpen our skills and talents. He pours His anointing on us.  

He is looking for willing vessels who are willing to step out of our comfort zone. He reveals His purposes and plans to us as we set our hearts to love and serve Him. Our God is faithful.  He moves mightily through every broken vessel.

When God opens the door, He graces us with His capabilities and strength. In our inadequacy, we enjoy  His rich blessings. 

When we step out in faith and confidence in Him, He lifts us to greater heights. He teaches us new skills. He broadens our horizons.  He stretches us to trust Him. We are incapable to do anything without His empowerment. He shows us the smallness of our strength and the greatness of His power.

No comments: