Saturday, April 02, 2016

Thank God for Our Family

Monte and I at Upper Pierce Reservoir on 9 Feb 2016
Monte and I had an amazing time in the States. We thank God for bringing us safely home. Our hearts are indebted to everyone who has made our trip so memorable and beautiful. They have gone out of their way to make our trip amazing. We cherish each of them dearly.

When we reached Singapore yesterday morning, my brother, Nicholas, came to meet us at Changi Airport. We had a scrumptious lunch and he took us home by taxi. When we reached home, we were overwhelmed by the things that met us. My two brothers, Nicholas and Edwin, repaired and restored many of our home fixtures and furnishings during our absence. They even bought us new cleaning devices. Nicholas added more fishes to our aquarium and stocked us with so much fish food which will last us for a very long time.
We moved into our flat in August 2001 and may things have fallen apart over time. My brothers fixed our lights, window fixtures, bathroom fixtures and furniture. Meanwhile, my mum also came by to clean our home. We are thankful to our family for their love, care and concern all these years.

As I reflect on all that God is doing in this season, I am mindful that my mum has taught my brothers and I through her life.  She genuinely cares for people.  When I was young, I remember the times when my mum would send me off to my ex-neighbours carrying food she wanted to share with them. I thank God for a wonderful mum.

Each day, I pray for my family in the States and in Singapore. I pray that God will pour His Spirit on each of them. That God will bless them bountifully. God has blessed us with our family and we are deeply indebted to each one of them.

No comments: