Monday, April 11, 2016

God’s Opened Door

In 2008, the Lord's opened door for me to be on the judging panel of FAME2008.  This was an inter-boarding school singing competition for some boarding schools here in Singapore. It was held last night at Anglo-Chinese School (Independent) Boarding School. Along with me were three other judges. We had a great time together.

When I was first approached to be a judge, I was thinking to myself that maybe someone else who was more qualified could do a better job. When I finally accepted the offer, I felt so honoured and privileged. The competition was so well planned. We spotted some real good talents. I learnt so much through the experience.

Another incident of God’s opened door happened when we were in Asia Pacific Theological Seminary (APTS) in Baguio, Philippines between 2000 and 2001.  The late Dr Chin Do Kham, who was then the Dean of Students, was not able to honour a commitment as something unforeseen had crept up and he asked if I could take it on. When I found out that I had to minister at a worship seminar at Baguio Assembly of God, I was hesitant.  He could have asked any student in the seminary or the faculty member to stand in for him.  I was deeply honoured of the invitation.  I felt that it was a little too much to fill his shoes. 

Monte encouraged me to go ahead as he felt that I could do it. To cut the long story short, I took on the challenge. It turned out to be a great blessing. I went away encouraged and thankful for God's help, grace and strength because His enablement and empowerment was more than enough for me to accomplish the task.

When God opens the door, He graces us with all that is necessary to do the job. In our inadequacy and timidity, we may miss the His blessings. When we step out in faith and confidence in Him, He lifts us up to greater heights. He teaches us new things and opens us to the realm of the supernatural.  He broadens our horizons.  He stretches us to trust Him for we are incapable to do anything without His empowerment.  He shows us the smallness of our strength and the greatness of His power.

No comments: