Wednesday, April 06, 2016

Miracle Working God

God has led Monte and I on an amazing journey especially so in light of His opened door to the Society of Pentecostal Studies (SPS) Annual Meetings in recent years.  God has allowed Monte to minister in this little platform; we are deeply grateful to God’s opened door.

Back in 2011, Monte and I received news that the Society of Pentecostal Studies (SPS) had accepted a paper he had earlier submitted for the 2012 SPS Annual Meeting, our hearts leapt with great joy. 

We know that the Lord has opened this door.  We know that God is in this. While we were overwhelmed with great joy, our immediate response was that it will take a miracle for Monte to go to Virginia, USA in March 2012 to present his paper.  He was concerned and felt that it was way beyond us.  In the meantime, God overrules, He gave us a quiet assurance and confidence to trust Him for the need.  God would come through for us.

Deep in our hearts, what had transpired was not a small thing; it was a significant move of the hand of God.  God birthed a dream, He birthed a desire to see His wonders and miracles.  He has the all the resources to do the work of the ministry.  

Subsequently, in the following four years, God provided miraculously for Monte to attend more SPS conference in four other different parts of the States.  The last being the one at St Dimas in Pasedena.  In this last trip, God provided for me to join Monte.  As Pasedena is a four hour drive, we visited our family in Fresno, California.  This was my first time visiting the family and also my the first time I stepped onto US soil.  For the first time in my life, I held snow in my hand.  God is so good to us.  We had a fruitful time at SPS conference.  We also had a wonderful time with our family.

Since Monte started going to the SPS meetings, we knew that something had to give.  In the past, every once in a while, we would take short trips to neighbouring Malaysia or Batam in Indonesia.  We enjoyed every trip we took.  Since Monte embarked on the SPS conference involvement, we did not have any funds for a break.  In my heart, I longed for a break.  God answered my prayer.  Last June, my brother, Nicholas, blessed me with a short holiday at Legoland, Malaysia.  Along with him, my mum, my niece, Eliska and my brother’s helper, Mimi, we had a memorable holiday.  God is so good.  My limited vocabulary is incapable to describe His goodness and greatness.  His faithfulness reaches to the sky! Hallelujah!

No comments: