Friday, February 08, 2008

His Wonderful Name

As we meditate on the word of God, He overwhelms us with His goodness and awesomeness. Dwelling on the names of Christ will open our eyes to see and experience Him in a greater dimension. 

He is:
the stone of Israel,
the peace offering,
a star,
the captain of the host of the Lord,
the rock of my salvation,
the light of the morning,
my shield,
my glory,
the lifter of my head,
my fortress,
my shepherd,
restorer,
the Lord mighty in battle,
king of glory,
a strong tower,
the king’s son,
God’s firstborn,
my high tower,
a friend that sticks closer than a brother,
ointment poured forth,
altogether lovely,
the Lord of hosts,
a great light,
wonderful,
counselor,
almighty God,
the everlasting Father,
the price of peace,
Jehovah,
my strength and my song,
a refuge from the storm,
a hiding place of the wind,
rivers of water in a dry place
the everlasting God,
my maker,
the redeemer,
the everlasting light

The list goes on.... He is just like a multi-faceted diamond. Shiny, glorious and beautiful to behold. The many names of Christ reveal His character in all His glory.

No comments: