Friday, July 13, 2007

Miyuki Touched My Heart

When Monte (my husband) and I were in APTS, Baguio, Philippines, we thank God for the people the Lord had brought into our lives. One person that stays in my memory is none other than Miyuki. She is a lovely Japanese wife of a student at the campus. Her husband and her stayed two units away from us.

A few days after we had arrived at the seminary, Miyuki came by our studio apartment one day. In her hands were two oranges, she told us that she came by to welcome us to the campus. She warmed my heart and we thank God for her kind gesture. In life oftentimes, it is the little things that count. A smile, a kind word, the nod of assurance or encouraging word.

Monte and I have always tried to do our part in connecting with our neighbours. We reap what we sow; our neighbours have also extended their friendship and neighbourly kindness to us in their special ways.

No comments: