Thursday, May 24, 2007

The Gideon In Me

Chapter six of the book of Judges zoomed into a character who is all too familiar to you and I. When God called Gideon to save Israel out of Midian's hand, Gideon's reply was: "how can I save Isreal? My clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my family." I know what Gideon was going through because I have gone through this struggle many times.

A few years ago, a professor at APTS (Asia Pacific Theological Seminary) was scheduled to do a Praise and Worship seminar in a church in Baguio, Philippines but due to some unforseen circumstances he was not able to fulfill that commitment. My name came to his mind and later Monte (my husband) came to me to ask if I will be willing to stand in for him. The Gideon in me surfaced and my initial response was that 'this is too big for me" and frankly I was even a little jittery. To cut the long story short, I accepted the invitation and I've never regretted it because I learnt so much and grew through it too.

A few months later, Monte was invited to minister in the cold mountainous region of Luzon in Baguio and the door also opened for me to speak to some pastors on Praise and Worship. Again, I asked myself: "These are pastors, I'm not sure if I can do this?" At the end I took it on and I thank God for that amazing opportunity to see Him at work in me though I am weak, I am stong in Him.

The Gideon is us helps us to stay humble but what the Lord wants us to know is that He will pave the way when He entrusts us with a task and when we step out in faith, He leads us to higher grounds and greater growth for His glory.

No comments: