Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The Tenderness of Christ

This goes back to the early 90's when the evangelist, Roy Durman, was featured as a speaker for one of our crusades here in Singapore. The atmosphere was so charged up and the Lord's powerful anointing was on Bro Durman as he was used by the Lord to touch many who were there; some were in desperate need for healing and other needs. I remember praying to the Lord for this anointing that I saw in this servant of God. I was drawn by the tenderness and compassion of the Lord that is oozing out of him. It reminded me of many instances when Jesus ministered to the needy people out of such overwhelming love and compassion.

Another servant of the Lord who has impacted my life is none other than the late Dr Sam Sessar. His genuine love and compassion was so infectious. One time, he was our speaker in a church camp in Malaysia. What touched me most was when I saw how the campers were so comfortable with him. During our meal time, he will freely mingle with us. On the last day of camp, many approached him to have their photos taken with him, something I do not usually see. It was heartwarming. He loved people deeply with the love of Christ.

No comments: