Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Thank You, Lord

On the evening of 14 January 2023, I received an invitation to share the morning devotion to the staff at Asia Pacific Theological Seminary (APTS) in Baguio, Philippines.

I was overjoyed and thankful for God's open door to minister the Word. 

The morning devotion was scheduled on Monday, 16 January 2023. 

The night before, I fell sick.  APTS is 5000 feet above sea level. My body was acclimatising to the high altitude. My body was adjusting to the environment. On top of that, my health has been challenged in the past few years.  My upper eyelids swelling worsened with the high altitude as I have thyroid eye disease. I was sick.

In my heart, I was concerned that I might not be able to fulfill my commitment. God spoke to me and I trusted Him.  I prayed for God to bring healing and restoration.

The next morning, I was well. Glory be to God for He is worthy of all glory and praise. God's merciful love overwhelmed me. 

The Lord opens doors of ministry.  He directs and orchestrates the circumstances in our lives to bless us. He chooses to minister through broken vessels. His power flows through our broken lives. 

The righteous cry out and God hears our cries for help.  

His divine intervention releases us to walk in the power of His love. His merciful love brings us to our knees.

Lord, flow through our lives and ministries.  Let our lives bring glory to You. Set us apart. Sanctify us as we worship You.

No comments: