Tuesday, July 06, 2010

A Prayer of Abandonment

“Father,

I abandon myself into your hands;

do with me what you will.

Whatever you may do, I thank you;

I am ready for all, I accept all.

Let only your will be done in me,

And in all your creatures.

I wish no more than this,

O Lord.

Into your hands I commend my soul;

I offer it to you with all the love

of my heart,

for I love you, Lord,

and so need to give myself,

to surrender myself into your hands,

without reserve

and with boundless confidence.

For you are my Father”

Charles de Foucauld


Charles de Foucauld prayed this powerful prayer. A life of total surrender to a loving God is not a mistake. God is His mercy picked us up from the miry clay and set my feet on safe grounds. All we can do is to abandon ourselves to Him completely. Our fragrance and fruit bear witness to the goodness and faithfulness of our great God. He takes total being and make us into His vessel of honour.

No comments: