Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Humility


Last Friday morning, I had the privilege to coach some upper primary school children to prepare them for their upcoming inter-school debating competition. I had a wonderful time with them. I am very thankful to the Lord for the opportunity to be involved in this training.

These kids are what we would term as the “cream of the crop”. I am so glad that they were not arrogant. These were very intelligent children who have risen to the top to represent their school. Yet, they did not allow themselves to be puff-up. On the contrary, they were humble and respectful. They were open and willing to learn. I believe humility can lead them to a far better and rewarding journey in their quest for knowledge. They will grow to learn the importance of lowliness and grace in the face of the fierce fighting rat race that sadly devoured much of our world.

No comments: