Monday, October 12, 2009

Lead Me to the Rock

Lead Me to the Rock

When my heart is overwhelmed
Hear my cry, give heed to my prayers
And my eyes are dimmed with tears
O Father, make them clear

From the end of the earth
When my heart is fainting
Let me know that you have heard
Lead me into safety
And lead me to the Rock, the Rock that is higher
Lead me to the Rock that is higher than I
Lead me to the Rock, the Rock that is higher
Higher than I

You O Lord have been for me
A refuge from my enemies
Let me live within Your strength
In the shelter of Your wings


Life is not a bed of roses but the good news is that God in His mercy leads us on to savour all that life entails. The good and bad times, the highs and the lows, the beautiful and the ugly, the exhilarating and the deadness. A vibrant life awaits all who are willing to embark on this amazing life God has for each of us. The Bible is narrative; full of stories. God is continuing to write the story of our life. He alone knows our future and as we abandon ourselves completely to His loving care, we are constantly enveloped by His amazing love. Even the toughest times of our life, the Lord comes through for us. At times our life may seem like it is spiralling out of control but God is always with us. He leads us to Himself, the rock of our salvation. He leads us to the Rock that is higher than I.

No comments: