Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Doubly Blessed

My late maternal grandmother was one of the kindest person I had known. I had never once heard her raised her voice. I do not remember her flaring up even in trying times. Occasionally, I would stay over at grandparents place as my mother had some important things to tend to. I remember grandmother would carry me and whisper comforting words into my ears. The reassurance, love and care meant a great deal to me.

Now, I will say something about my mother. My mother is a kind woman. I grew up in Commonwealth Crescent for a large part of my life. There were many Hainanese families there like ours. That neighbourhood was one of the friendliest neighbourhood I had ever known. There was such a community spirit among the people. On some occasions, my neighbours had commented to me that I had such a kind mother. Needless to mention, these neighbours had been blessed by my mother’s kindness. Growing up, I remember on many occasions, my mother would send me off with food or gifts for my neighbours. She always gave the best to others. Whenever I think about my late grandmother and mother, I can only thank God for I am doubly blessed.

No comments: