Sunday, December 31, 2017

Vulnerable

Some months ago, I had a severe left knee injury.  The injury lingered for weeks on end.  I had difficulty bending my left knee.

One day, I was at home.  I attempted to try to squat and bend my knees.  In my horror, I could not get back up.  I called out to Monte.  He came to help me.

I have since recovered from my knee injury but the incident was a lesson on vulnerability.

In our despair and helpless state, God comes bursting through.  He speaks love, strength and hope to us.  He gives us courage to persevere, He gives us hope to believe.  

God speaks through our hardships, crises and brokenness.  Just when we feel that we are at the edge of the cliff, the Lord breaks through our defenses.  He reminds us that He is in control.  

He cares deeply for us and loves us.  He pours His grace on us.  When we are vulnerable, He protects and covers us with His love.  

All who call on His name will receive help and deliverance.  Great is the Lord and greatly to be praised.

No comments: