Saturday, February 20, 2016

Sugar Rush


For many years, I was always ordering Teh C (tea with evaporated milk and sugar) at the coffee shop. In recent years, I switched to Teh C Siew Dai (tea with evaporated milk and little sugar).  Then I went to to Teh O Siew Dai (black tea with little sugar).  Now, I have graduated to Teh O Kosong (black tea with no sugar).

I feel fantastic after reducing my sugar intake.  On other fronts, I try as much as possible to choose to have low salt, low fat and low sugar diet. 

For as long as I can remember, my routine medical check up will usually involved the doctor's offer to prescribe drugs for my raised cholesterol.  I will dutifully suggest to the doctor that I do not want to go on any medication.  I will exercise and watch my diet.

Three days ago, on my routine medical appointment, the doctor mentioned that my cholesterol is very good.  I am thankful to the Lord and happy to receive the good report.

No comments: