Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Our 13th Wedding Anniversary

Today, Monte and I have entered into the 13th year of our marriage.  Monte was born in California and I in Singapore.  The Lord allowed our paths to cross and brought us together to build a life in Him.

Monte always shares with others that he came to Singapore with two suitcases in 1989 and today the Lord has blessed him with a wife and a home here.  The Lord has blessed us beyond our wildest imagination.  We can never out give Him.

Monte has blessed me with the best years of my life.  I enjoyed my single hood but I have to say that I enjoy my married life far better.  As a couple, we have gone through many mountaintops and dark and deep valleys.  We emerge from each challenge empowered, enriched and triumphant.  The Lord has never failed us.  Our focus of Him sharpens over time because He reveals His faithfulness and wonders in every aspect of our life.  We do not put our trust on anything except Christ, our solid Rock, our eternal and faithful God.  God and God alone will take His rightful place on the throne of our heart and we will not venture anywhere that He does not lead us.  We seek His favour and blessing because He gives the best to everyone of us who rely completely on Him.  Our hearts are overwhelmed by the goodness and mercy of the Lord and we declare His everlasting love and faithfulness.

No comments: