Thursday, December 02, 2010

Let Everything within me Praise the Lord


The last time when the haze problem was at its peak, I was in the midst of of a bad bout of flu. The haze may have worsened my flu attack. One of the most unexpected thing happened, I completely loss my sense of smell for at least two weeks. Eating was a very different experience because without smelling the food, it does not feel right. When I was hungry, I had my fill but I did not enjoy my meal. Somehow, it was not a complete experience.

In our experience of worshipping the Lord, He makes use of all our senses.  For those who are good at music, we express our love to the Lord through our music. For artists who excel in art, they give their art to the Lord in worship. For actors who are good at acting, they offer their art form to the Lord. Singers sing to the lover of their soul.  Dancers dance for Him.

The Lord engages all our senses to bring us closer to Him.  We give our thoughts and pour out our heart to the Lord.  No matter where we are, and whatever situation we find ourselves in, we declare that everything within us praise and magnify our great and magnificent God.  And the world may see Him through us.

No comments: