Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Counting My Blessings

In October this year, I embarked on the Advanced Certificate in Training & Assessment (ACTA) programme. I thank God for helping me to clear two modules thus far.

On 2 Nov, I was on module 2 when the facilitator made a request for us to share something special that we have found out from one of our fellow course mate. Jenny Ong, whom I had briefly been re-acquainted with that day at the training was actually my former colleague at St James Church. When it was Jenny’s turn to speak, she mentioned that I have a good husband. The facilitator quickly followed up with the comment that it was heartening to hear the male species given special mention that day.

Jenny is obviously right. God has blessed me with a wonderful and loving husband. I thank God for blessing me with a God fearing man. I look back to the year in 2008 when we were in courtship, then entering marriage in March 2009. Today, my parents are happy that Monte and I are still blissfully married. This means a lot to any parent on earth because their children’s happiness means the world to them. We learn to cherish whatever time we have as husband and wife and see the hand of God’s love upon us in everyday living. God is good.

No comments: