Sunday, November 18, 2007

The Greatest Miracle

Have the greatest miracle taken place when a magnificent church building is built? No! How about when a church is well known for their ongoing outreach programmes? No! Now, how about if a church sends out hundreds of people into the mission field? No!

The greatest miracle takes place when someone accepts Jesus as his or her Lord and Saviour. When a lost soul is ushered into the kingdom of God, there is great rejoicing in heaven. What amazes me is the Lord knows each of His own by name. He knows what is in our hearts before we can put it in words. He even knows the numbers of hair on our heads. What more can we ask for, A God who takes my burdens and give me enormous joy and peace.

At a family gathering about a year ago, an old aunt, my father's late brother's wife, came beaming with joy to tell me that she was about to be water baptized. I was lost with words and I thank God for the marvelous work He has done in my family. One of this aunt’s daughter and her family had also come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. In the course of time, I learnt that other relatives have come into His fold. Now back to my aunt's conversion, It certainly took a lot of courage for her to follow the Lord because my relatives are very staunch ancestor worshippers. She must have faced a lot of opposition. As for me, in 1980 when I became a Christian, I was not a secret Christian, I stood up for my Lord and some of relatives did not agree with my conversion. My parents were apparently upset. But I can stand tall and declare that Jesus reigns. He saw me through all the difficult years. Today, my parents are open to the gospel, Monte and I continue to ask God to shower His mercy and grace on all our families and relatives both in the States and here in Singapore because the best gift that we can ever receive in this lifetime is Jesus. God is good!

No comments: