Saturday, August 11, 2007

Silent Retreat

I was so blessed to be at a three-day silent retreat in the year 2003. No reading materials were allowed except the Bible. There was absolutely no entertainment and hand phone. We spent a lot of time meditating on the word of God and on God Himself. There was minimal communication between the retreatants, even at meal times we were not holding any conversation. 

 What I appreciated most at the retreat was the time alone with the Lord; I was able to lock myself in with the Lord. Oftentimes, we cannot fully bask and dwell in the presence of the Lord because of the many demands and distractions we face. As we shut out all other voices and tune in to the voice of God, we are empowered and strengthened to live the life that God has blessed us. Although I am a Pentecostal, I appreciate times of quiet solitude.

No comments: